Thursday 11 June 2015

RSPB Minsmere.

Took a trip to Minsmere this afternoon, bit of trek but a great place to visit.

It was very busy today I thought it might have been a bit quieter during the week, but with Spring watch still running the numbers were up.

After a 40 minute wait in one hide waiting for a seat and to actually see out of a window I gave up and left.

I did manage to see a Bittern fly over doing the feeding flights.



I also managed to see my first ever Bearded Tit, they are fantastic little birds and their moustache is great to see. Unfortunately I think the wind was keeping them low in the reeds.

Another first for me was a Sandwich Tern a single juvenile sitting on a distant island out of east hide.

Cetti's are in abundance at one point I could here 4 calling at once.

Good to see a male Hobby and Marsh Harrier hunting over the reed beds also today.

Hope to get back here soon when it is not so busy, on the other hand I did get to see the resident hero Spineless Simon   



No comments:

Post a Comment