Monday 13 July 2015

RSPB South Stack.

As I am working on Anglesey for a few weeks it would have been rude not to visit South stack.

I managed to get there late afternoon, for a quick scout and was impressed with the time I had today.

Upon arrival before I even got my binoculars and camera out of the car, a Peregrine was circling with 2 young and dropping prey to them.

Plenty of sea birds around but mainly Guillemot and Razorbill.




I did manage to see a lone Puffin as it photo bombed one of my shots.

Quite a few Stonechat around with fledglings, and a few Meadow Pipits also.

I managed to see a Rock Pipit near the lighthouse really happy as its a first for me.


Another first for me today was a Chough, quite a few around today but not staying still for long and always flying over head.




Lots of Lesser Black-Backed Gulls around also with a few Herring in the mix.







No comments:

Post a Comment