Wednesday 1 July 2015

Rutland After Work

Headed to Rutland after work yesterday, a bit to hot carting camera equipment round.

Plenty of birds around, with 4 Green-sandpipers on lagoon 3 along 2 Little ringed plovers and 2 Little terns on lagoon 4. The Little terns were a bit to far for a decent picture and stayed in amongst the Common terns.

A Hobby was hunting over the big meadow with Green and Great spotted woodpeckers flying back and forth.

A lone Curlew was present on lagoon 3 and providing good views as the water level has dropped quite a bit over the past week or so.


One thing that caught me out was seeing a Hornet, to be fair I don't think I have ever seen one before and was confusing them with a horse fly etc. I must have seen around a dozen in the few hours I was there, man are they big must have been around 2-3" long. Great to see and appear more docile than wasps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment