Monday 21 December 2015

SEO, Lunt Meadows.

I had to visit Lunt again to try and get at least one picture of the short eared owls perched, as all my shots have been in flight.

I arrived around 2 pm with Mark after the rain had stopped and headed to a speck that I hoped would produce a chance of a shot.
Mark headed around the lake and found that the female Scaup is still present.

Another resident Gary Clarke was already waiting for the SEO to show, that guy has the patience of a saint and can stand in the same spot for 6 hours. Yesterday provided perched shots for Gary and I was hoping for a repeat.
After an hour or so standing in the cold mud an owl popped up from the grass and landed again 10 yards away. But soon after with the light fading fast the wait was over and up popped a shorty and flew right to the perch and began looking around, mission accomplished for today now just a few more in better light.






No comments:

Post a Comment