Tuesday 5 April 2016

Out and About.

I have not had any holidays from work for a while so getting out has been tough.
I have visited a few places over the past month but mainly Rutland water and Frampton with them being quite close to work.

When passing Southport I called into the old car park and had a quick look around, a few birds flitted between the floor and the long grass and I thought Linnets at first but looking closer it was around 15 Twite feeding quite happily in my presence.


And this past weekend I took my daughter for a walk around Southport and persuaded her to have a walk around the old sand works near  Marshside, got a nice surprise as 3 Wheatear were flying around. They were quite flighty but managed to get one shot at least.


Below is a few images from the past month around the places I have visited.

Reed Bunting at Frampton Marsh.

Skylark at Frampton Marsh.

Ruff at Martin Mere.

Hare at Rutland water.

Hare at Rutland water.

Turnstone at Hilbre Island.

Lesser black backed gull at Southport.

Stonechat at Lunt meadows.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment