Thursday 5 May 2016

Marshside and Lunt Meadows.

I headed to Martin mere for a look around this morning but I think every school in the North west had booked a trip today. After a few hours and nothing out of the ordinary I headed to Marshside in serch of Wheatear.

I was not disappointed as around 30+ are present on the old sand works next to the car park and showing well. The only problem was the heat haze again. Still managed a few shots.


After Marshside I headed along to Lunt meadows for the rest of the day, a few people were about and reported an Osprey over that actually dived for a fish and was successful before moving off in the Formby direction. A Peregrine was also seen over head.

The  highlight of the afternoon was spotted by Tony in the form of a superb male Whinchat that was showing well on and off and coming within 30 ft at times. This was a lifer for me so was really happy I went to Lunt this afternoon. 

Even after I went back to the car for a cup of tea and retuned 30 mins later with Mark, It was located within a few minutes hanging around the very same area.


Another high point of the day was finally getting a good shot a a Sedge warbler, these little things have eluded me for a year with only half covered by bramble shots being the norm.






No comments:

Post a Comment