Saturday 21 February 2015

New Brighton.

Decided to head for Burton Mere this morning but just after the tunnel I seen the sign for New Brighton and though I might as well try for the Laughing Gull.
Glad I did in the end after parking near the pontoon there was no sign but just round the corner there it was sitting on the beach.


It tended to fly between the small model boat pond and the pontoon, coming quite close to me on the model boat pond before flying back to the pontoon.



One passer by asked what all the fuss was about and when we explained about the Laughing gull and where it is from she said well it looks like all the rest and still didn't understand the fuss.




When leaving a gentleman said that he had seen the Snow Buntings earlier down at the far end of the promenade, but they flew when a man let his dog run past past them. (Not that 4 people with binoculars, scopes and cameras where watching anything).

I thought well a quick look wont hurt and yet again glad I did, I was there 2 minutes when 3 Snow buntings turned up on the rocks.





After a quick drive to Burton mere the Long eared owl is still present in its usual tree, but a bit further in making it almost impossible for a photo.
The first Avocets have just arrived at Burton and are visible from the visitor centre also.

All in all a good morning out.











No comments:

Post a Comment