Thursday 12 February 2015

Rutland Water

Decided a quick walk was in order this afternoon, so headed to Rutland water.
Really overcast today and some of the water is still frozen.

I got a surprise as soon as I arrived, I had just past the gate and out the corner of my eye a Muntjac was feeding near the pond, I was waiting for a better shot but a blackbird landed next to me then flew in panic startling the Muntjac.

Muntjac at Rutland Water.

With all the clouds it was not the best day for taking pictures, but still managed to get a few. 
A pair of Egyptian geese landed in a near by field quite near to the visitor centre.
It was introduced as an ornamental wildfowl species and has escaped into the wild, and now successfully breeding.


Egyptian Goose at Rutland Water.

Finished with a cup of coffee at the visitor centre and managed to take a few last pictures.

Pheasant at Rutland Water.

Pheasant at Rutland Water.

Reed Bunting at Rutland Water.






No comments:

Post a Comment