Thursday 23 April 2015

Blackcap's and Whitethroat's

I headed to Rutland as I finished work a bit earlier today, so had a few hours of sunlight left for a walk.

The sand martins are gathering in number and are busy nesting in the man made wall.

Plenty of Blackcap around but trying to get a picture was proving difficult, until one popped up in front of me and flew to a nearby branch.


As I was only out for an hour I sat and waited behind some logs that have been stacked after maintenance work has been carried out, as a Whitethroat was singing in the area along with a Sedge warbler. After 10 mins of so the Whitethroat popped up but at a distance and never came any closer.
Unfortunately its a 100% crop on a 500mm lens but its a record for me.


Lots of the usual birds about enjoying the sun and I managed to get a few pics.



On the way back down the track a Sparrowhawk flew over head with its meal still in its clutches, I presume it was taking it back to its nest, as it flew back over within a few minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment