Monday 20 April 2015

Snettisham and RSPB Titchwell Marsh.

Decided to take a trip to RSPB Titchwell on Sunday for a look, I was debating weather to go out at all but left at 06:00.

On the way I called in for a quick look at RSPB Snettisham for a very quick look, but as I was driving down the entrance road a Barn Owl was hunting in the field. Both me and the car behind me made a quick stop and jumped out for a better view, unfortunately it flew to the back of the field and over the hedge.
After a brief look at the reserve I headed back out and found the Barn Owl sitting on a fence post back in the field. After about 15 minutes he set of hunting over the field again. This time I managed to have my camera to hand and managed to get a few pictures.

Barn Owl.

Barn Owl.

Barn Owl.

Barn Owl "Coming too close".


Once the Barn owl had retired to the back of the field I headed for Titchwell.
Nice set up there with a great cafe and visitor centre.
I started of along the track to the beach and was greeted by a Stoat running across the track and into the long grass. There was plenty of Sedge Warblers singing in the brambles along the track along with quite a few Cetti's Warblers present also.
One animal that caught me eye was a Chinese water deer feeding to the left of the path, it did however look like it had mange or something all across the top of his back.

The next stop before heading home was Fen hide, I had been informed I shouldn't bother with it as it usually has nothing on it. Lucky for me 3 Marsh Harriers turned up and flew around in front of the hide.

Marsh Harrier.

Marsh Harrier.






No comments:

Post a Comment